Monsoon’s Competition Rules
Win a black dress of your choice (the “Competition”)
The Competition is governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and by entering the Competition, entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them.
1. Opening Date:
08:00pm on Friday 27th November 2020 (“Opening Date”)
2. Closing Date:
11.59pm on Monday 30th November 2020 (“Closing Date”)
Monsoon Brands Limited of 1 Nicholas Road, London, W11 4AN. (Company Registration No. 01098034) (“Monsoon”)
WHO CAN ENTER?
4. To enter the Competition:
a) you must be aged 18 or over;
b) you must live in the UK or the Republic of Ireland; and
c) you and your family members must not be employees of Monsoon, and/or any other company associated with the Competition or their respective associated companies or agents. Your family members include your parents, partner and any of your children.
HOW TO ENTER
5. You can enter the Competition via Instagram. To enter the Competition, you must do the following between the Opening Date and Closing Date:
a) go to the Instagram page located at www.instagram.com/monsoon/
b) ‘like’ the Competition post;
c) leave a comment in the comments section beneath Competition post, answering the question posted by Monsoon on the Competition post; and
d) For an extra entry, comment on our last two posts with the chosen emoji.
e) By entering this Competition, you understand and agree that:
6. all information provided by you in connection with this Competition is provided to Monsoon directly and not to Instagram;
a) all information provided by you in connection with this Competition is provided to Monsoon directly and not to Instagram;
b) this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram; and
c) Neither Instagram shall have any responsibility or liability to you in respect of the Competition.
7. Multiple entries are permitted per entrant.
PRIZES AND WINNER SELECTION
8. There will be 1 winner of the Competition (the “Winner”).
9. The Winner will receive:
- One Monsoon black dress of their choice (subject to availability).
10. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out above and no additional costs are included.
11. The Winner of the Competition will be the first Entry selected randomly by Monsoon from all valid Entries received between the Opening Date and Closing Date.
12. The Winner will be selected on or before Tuesday 1st November 2020 and Monsoon will notify the Winner on or before Tuesday 1st November 2020 by the selected Instagram comment that they have been successful.
13. The Prize will be dispatched within 30 days of the Winner confirming their delivery details to Monsoon and Monsoon receiving any confirmation it deems fit in accordance with these Terms.
14. Prizes can only be sent to a UK or Eire address so if a Winner has moved somewhere outside the UK or Eire after entering the Competition, their Entry will not be valid.
15. Monsoon reserves the right to choose an alternate Winner if:
a) a Winner does not comply with these Terms or Instagram’s rules or Monsoon has reasonable grounds for believing that a Winner has broken a rule contained in these Terms; or
b) a Winner does not (i) agree to these Terms or Instagram’s rules; (ii) want to receive the Prize; or (iii) give any consent as may be requested by Monsoon within 24 hours; or
c) Monsoon cannot contact a Winner or a Winner does not respond to any requests from Monsoon for information (e.g. confirmation of their address) within 48 hours of such request.
16. Use of Entry: By entering this Competition, you agree that Monsoon may in connection with this Competition use your Entry, including any names or biographical information submitted by you or any statement made by you, in any and all media throughout the world as Monsoon in its sole opinion sees fit, without payment or further consent.
17. Monsoon reserves the right to cancel this Competition at any stage prior to the Opening Date or to shorten the time for entering the Competition on notice, if Monsoon thinks it is unavoidable, or if circumstances arise which are out of Monsoon’s control. If the time for entering the Competition is cut short, winners shall be selected in accordance with these Terms from all eligible Entries received prior to such termination date.
18. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be valid. Monsoon is not responsible if your Entry gets lost, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, damaged or if you have technical problems trying to enter the Competition.
19. Please take care when entering the Competition to ensure that you provide your correct contact details. Any Entries which are incomplete and/or can’t be read clearly will not be valid and won’t be entered into the Competition.
20. Monsoon shall at its sole discretion determine whether an Entry is valid, based on the entry requirements set out in these Terms. Each valid entry will be entered into the Competition.
21. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that Monsoon believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified.
22. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond Monsoon’s control Monsoon is unable to provide any stated Prize or any part of it, Monsoon reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The Prize may be subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, prize, discount or promotion.
23. Monsoon will not be liable for any loss or damage however it was caused (including without limitation in contract, tort or statutory duty) in connection with the Competition and/or Prize, other than death or personal injury caused by Monsoon’s (and/or its employees’) negligence.
25. Where the winner consents, Monsoon may use personal information relating to the Competition for marketing or promotional purposes, including use of the Winner's name and likeness.
26. If you would like to know who won this Competition, please send a stamped addressed envelope to Monsoon at the above address marked “Win a black dress of your choice” within 60 days of the Closing Date and we will send you a list of any Winner’s first name and home county.
27. For all queries relating the Competition please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
28. These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and if there are any disputes the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.